|Heart Healthy Chicken Jambalaya|
Heart Healthy Chicken Jambalaya
Yield: 8 servings
1 can Low-Sodium Dark Red Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
1 16oz package frozen peppers and onions
1 14.5oz can no salt added diced tomatoes
1 Box Reduced Sodium Jambalaya Mix
2 cups water
Jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
1. Half chicken sausage length wise and cut into half moon slices (about 1/2 inch).
2. Add frozen vegetables to bottom of a 3.5-4 quart slow crockpot. Top with chicken sausage and dark red kidney beans.
3. Add water, undrained no salt tomatoes and jambalaya mix.
4. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 6.5-7.5 hours or 3-3.5 hours on high.
5. Cook until water is absorbed and rice is fully cooked, do not over cook as it will make the rice soggy.
6. Serve a 1 cup serving in a bowl and top with low fat jalapeno or cheddar cheese! Add a side salad and enjoy!
Nutrition: 259 calories, 3.5g Fat, 1g saturated fat, 608mg sodium, 40g Total Carb, 6.5g Fiber
What is your favorite crockpot meal?