|Trevor and I enjoying summer in the park.|
|Watermelon & Cucumber Salad with Feta, Sweet Onion and Mint|
Adapted from Cooking Light June 2013
- 1/4 watermelon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup watercress, chopped
- 3/4 cup Vidalia (sweet) onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium English cucumber, sliced (we used ours from the garden! see below)
- 4 tablespoons grapefruit mint (we used ours from the garden!)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1. Combine the cut watermelon, watercress, onion and cucumber in a large bowl.
- 2. Combine mint, lime juice and olive oil in a small bowl, and stir with a whisk to make the dressing.
- 3. Add dressing to the watermelon mixture, and add the feta cheese. Toss gentle.
- 4. Serve and enjoy!
|Fresh cucumber from our garden|
What is your favorite summer salad? Tell us below!