Fall for Greenville is similar to the famous Taste of Charleston, only better. Fall for Greenville is held on Main Street for nearly 3 days and has FREE admission! There are the best local restaurants present, along with a beer garden, local bands and food demonstrations. It is basically, an upstate foodies dream.
|The vast crowds at Fall for Greenville!|
We started out the weekend long festival by rushing home from work to see our favorite local band, the Kelly Jo Connect!
|Kelly Jo Connect|
Some of our favorite foods included:
- Two Chefs - Wild Caught Salmon Slider with Asian Slaw
- Takosushi - Tempura Asparagus
- Nose Dive - Falalfel Burger
- Larkins on the River - Four Cheese Baked Macaroni
- Sticky Fingers - Fall off the bone Ribs
|Wild Caught Salmon Slider with Asian Slaw from Two Chef's|
|High Cotton demonstrated fall recipes!|
Trevor's friends Tucker and Nick, both from RPI, came to Greenville this weekend to catch up and enjoy some of the cuisine. They enjoyed 18 holes of frisbee golf at Timmons Park (a big, older park just down the street from Trevor's house) before coming down to meet us for ribs and beer. Everyone had a blast!
|Enjoying Sticky Finger's Fall-Off-The-Bone-Ribs|
The boys were moving a little "slow" the next day. I decided to make awesome apple muffins to bring over to them! These muffins are for the apple lover, with chunks of whole apples in them they're not like any apple muffins you purchase at the store.
And, yes...we still have apples!
|Whole Wheat Apple and Oat Muffins|
Whole Wheat Apple and Oat Muffins
Yield: 18 Muffins
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup tub margarine at room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup lowfat yogurt
2 large apples, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Old Fashioned Oats
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Line 18 muffin tins with muffin cup liners.
3. In small bowl mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and set aside.
4. In separate large bow, cream butter with electric mixer. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg and mix well.
6. Stir in dry ingredients with spoon. Fold in apple pieces and chopped walnuts.
8. Sprinkle a pinch of Old Fashioned Oats on top of each muffin.
9. Bake for 10 min on 450 then reduce oven temp to 400 and bake 5 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes and serve!
As the weekend came to an end, we realized we still had a few food tickets leftover. This is where the bartering comes in. I decided to take Trevor's leftover 4 tickets ($2.50 worth) and see what I could find. Turns out, I got a whole Mellow Mushroom pizza for just $2.50 worth the tickets!
Happy Fall- Love Brittany, Lilly and Trevor
|Lilly loves Trevor...and attention!|
|Lilly is a southern girl.|